|For Employers a short course overview|
I would like to
introduce to high profile jewellers the students who
make their Jewellery Design Diploma at Vancouver
Metal Art School after a full time education in
Jewellery Design - 6 hours a day - 30 hours a week
and app. 2400 hours in 20 months.
2 year (20 months) Diploma Students from Vancouver Metal Art School (VMAS) are taught a full range of technical knowledge in jewellery making like no school in Canada offers it in the same way and comprehensiveness. For you as an employer a prospective employee would be able to make you
- different kinds of movement techniques as well as different kinds of clasps for necklaces
- complete cuff-links with its own technique
- hollow jewellery of all kind for men and women (Sculptural Jewellery/Objects)
- sculptural jewellery and/or small objects in metal of all kind
- almost all kinds of settings
- making metal models for the jewellery production with all its implications regarding efficiency in production process or cost efficiency in the technical process.
- they know how to develop a jewellery line
- they are very versatile in technical tricks
- they are able to develop their own specific technical process for difficult design jewellery, objects or accessories.
- they are very knowledgeable about the trade issues
The SUMMARY of all: You are getting actually a full trained goldsmith for whom you normally have to deal with a lengthy process for a work permit to get the person over from Europe.
The level of the trained technical knowledge is app. 75 % of that of a Master Goldsmith in Europe.
- Owner of a Jewellery store
- Owner of a jewellery gallery
( Job positions can be world wide)
- Jewellery Designer for high end jewellery stores
- Store Manager for high end jewellery stores
- Bench jeweller for high end jewellery stores
- Jewellery Gallery manager
- Jewellery Designer for a jewellery manufacturer
- Jewellery / Object Designer for Accessories
- Jewellery / Object Designer for glass frames (Designer glasses)