The basic technical skill curriculum of Vancouver Metal Art School has all of the main technical subjects of a European Goldsmithing Education. It gives our students a high standard education which enables them to be equal skilled with European Trade standards in the Jewellery Industry. Some advanced technical subjects are even covered and are taught in the Goldsmith Master education in Europe.
Vancouver Metal Art School is teaching these comprehensive Technical Standards in Canada as the only educational institution to enable employers to take advantage of highly skilled bench jewellers .
Students who want to be self employed will enjoy the wealth of knowledge with which they are able to tackle almost all kinds of technical challenges in their designs.
We tailor our curriculum around a student's individual need for instruction. This means that our students get trained with their
cultural background in
as well as their future plans. We use the basic
structure of our
form it around the learning process of each student.
It is our belief that each student accomplishes much more with this individualistic approach and this is conformed by positive results in training past students and apprentices. All students are different. We celebrate this and tailor our curriculum accordingly.
What else do we offer to our Students ?
- Smaller class sizes than in bigger schools
- Hands-on approach
- Comprehensive technical and design education
- Instructor is a working artist with a wealth of professional experience
- No ESL or equivalent required for international students
- Registered at PCTIA of BC (#2827)
Students benefit by:
- An extensive and comprehensive curriculum
- getting trained by professionals to enable them to become professionals
- A faster learning experience due to small class sizes and a student tailored approach to instructions; two years instead of four
as compared with most schools .
OUR COMMITMENT AND EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU:
- Become a comprehensive trained Jewellery and Object Designer
- Achieve a successful career in Jewellery or Object Design, increasing your opportunity to own your studio or gallery.
- Express yourself confidently through your art work
- Work for International jewellery companies