Gerold Mueller has completed his study at the University of Applied Science, School of Art, Pforzheim, Germany - the "ultimate Jewellery Design Temple of Jewellery Art". ( http://www.gestaltung.hs-pforzheim.de/no_flash.html )
His teachers were:
- Prof. Klaus Ullrich - Jewellery Design
- Prof. Hermann Stark - Object Design
- Prof. Udo Ackermann - Gem Design
- Prof. Schmalriede - History
- Prof. Ben Willikens - Painting
- Prof. Brodwolf - Drawing
- Prof. Jablonski - Sculpture
- Owner of a Jewellery studio and gallery for 15 years
- Freelance Designer for 6 years for a jewellery manufacturing company
As the owner and instructor of VMAS Gerold's experience and knowledge lies in:
- All basic jewellery techniques for all possible jewellery types.
- Training apprentices
- Instructing students in their 6. praxis semester (like Irene Wolf, Germany)
- Designing and developing (real) jewellery collections for jewellery companies
- Managing and organization of trade shows (Inhorgenta - Munich, Germany - Ambiente, Frankfurt, Germany)
- Jewellery marketing
- Jewellery Design as a society connected activity, an expression of a cultural development.
Gerold Mueller personally instructs students in all design and technical skills. These include goldsmithing, manufacturing of all kinds of traditional jewellery but also free form settings, developing two and three dimensional drawings, production techniques and experimental design, free form stone cutting (only if enough students enrolled) and all trade related issues.
Gerold's previous jewellery objectives are wholly centered around pleasing the customer, with never ending ideas of new designs and styles. Most Jewellery art work is held in private collections in Central Europe but now also in North America.
Some collectors even hold between 30 - 55 pieces in their collections.
30 years of Jewellery Design experience is very strongly reflected in how the jewellery courses are offered and what is regularly accessible to the students. Gerold has rich resources in design ideas as well as technical skills and know